Dan Sommer graduated from the Massage Therapy program at Centennial College in 2010. Both in his schooling and during his practice Dan has gained experience in working with people with a wide variety of situations and conditions. Some of these include:
- Working with the elderly population in a nursing home environment
- Treating pregnant mothers and infant massage
- Working with athletes to treat various musculoskeletal injuries
- Treating people suffering from fibromyalgia
- Working on patients and staff in the Palliative care ward at Toronto East General Hospital
In addition to general Swedish Massage, Dan has had training in Deep Tissue massage. Currently, in addition to working in a couple of clinics downtown, he is working as an educator at Centennial College in the Massage Therapy program.
Dan grew up in Thornhill but now lives in East York. He received a B.Sc. in Computer Science from U of T and worked in web development before deciding to switch careers to Massage Therapy. Dan is an avid film goer, enjoys cycling, gaming (video and board games) and singing in a community choir, Singing Out.
To contact Dan directly, you can email him at DSommerRMT@Sommerhealth.ca.